To download specifications for wood doors please click below.
Model Wooden Counter Shutters
Wood Flat Slats
Wood Roll Down Doors
NOTE: For window shutter specifications, architects must choose from a variety of options. The standard choice will be shown first in plain text followed by the options shown in [brackets] (Example “Finish: Wood [Cherry] [Oak]”). The specifier must make the appropriate choices for their wood window specifications and delete the others (Example: “Finish: Wood Cherry”).
1.01 SUMMARY for Wood Doors, Window Shutter, Wood Window Specifications, Wood Roll Down Doors
A. This section includes: [Manual] or [Electric] operated Rolling Wooden Counter-Shutter.
1. These rolling doors are suitable for widths of up to 15’ 9” and up to 10’ 0” heights. Manual operation is acceptable up to 42 square feet. Wood Doors exceeding those dimensions should have a Hand Crank or Motor Operator.
B. Related Sections: Related to this section, but not limited to, the following (based on Master Format 2004):
1. Section 01660 – Product Storage and Handling Requirements.
2. Section 04220 – Concrete Unit Masonry.
3. Section 05120 – Structural Steel.
4. Section 06100 – Rough Carpentry.
5. Section 08310 – Access wood Doors and Panels.
6. Section 08710 – Rolling Door Hardware.
7. Section 09290 – Gypsum Board.
8. Section 09900 – Paints and Coatings.
9. Section 26000 – Electrical.
1.02 REFERENCES for Wood Doors, Window Shutter, Wood Window Specifications, Wood Roll Down Doors
A. ASTM A 653/A 653M – Standard Specification for Steel Sheet, Zinc-Coated (Galvanized) or Zinc-Iron Alloy-Coated (Galvannealed) by the Hot-Dip Process
B. ASTM A 36 – Standard Specification for Carbon Structural Steel, Hot Rolled Steel
C. ASTM A 123 – Standard Specification for Zinc (Hot-Dip Galvanized) Coatings on Iron and Steel Products
D. ASTM A 312 – Standard Specification for Seamless, Welded, and Heavily Cold Worked Austenitic Stainless Steel Pipes
E. ASTM A 240 – Standard Specification for Chromium and Chromium-Nickel Stainless Steel Plate, Sheet, and Strip for Pressure Vessels and for General Applications
F. ASTM A 276 – Standard Specification for Stainless Steel Bars and Shapesof wood doors
G. ASTM B 209 – Standard Specification for Aluminum and Aluminum-Alloy Sheet and Plate
H. ASTM B 221 – Standard Specification for Aluminum and Aluminum-Alloy Extruded Bars, Rods, Wire, Profiles, and Tubes of rolling doors
1.03 SUBMITTALS for Wood Doors, Window Shutter, Wood Window Specifications, Wood Roll Down Doors
A. Submit under provisions of Section 01300.
B. Product Data: Provide standard drawing details and catalog data of wood doors. Provide installation instructions.
C. Shop Drawings: Furnish shop drawings for architect’s approval. Include elevation, sections, and details indicating dimensions, materials, finishes, conditions for anchorage and support of each rolling door.
D. Submit manufacturer’s recommended operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance instructions of wood doors.
1.04 QUALITY ASSURANCE FOR THE WINDOW SHUTTER
A. Manufacturer: Rolling doors shall be manufactured by a firm with a minimum of five years experience.
B. Single-Source Responsibility: Manufacturer shall provide doors, tracks, motors, and accessories for each type of door. Secondary components shall come from a source acceptable to the rolling door manufacturer of the primary components.
1.05 DELIVERY, STORAGE, AND HANDLING OF WOOD ROLL DOWN DOORS
A. Deliver materials in original packaging supplied by manufacturer with intact labels. Store materials away from harmful environmental conditions and construction.
1.06 WARRANTY of Wood Doors, Window Shutter, Wood Window Specifications, Wood Roll Down Doors
A. Door Warranty: Provide one year written warranty from date of installation against deficiencies due to defects in materials or workmanship of wood doors. Installer agrees to repair or replace any defects in materials or workmanship.
B. Project Warranty: Refer to Conditions of the Contract for project warranty provisions.
PART 2 – PRODUCTS
A. Alpine Overhead Doors, Inc.; 8 Hulse Road Suite 1S, East Setauket, NY 11733. Telephone 800-257-4634 or 631-473-9300. Fax 631-642-0800.
B. Model: WOODEN COUNTER-SHUT Roll down doors
2.02 MATERIALS FOR WOOD WINDOW SPECIFICATIONS
A. Curtain for Wood Doors:
1. Slats: Constructed of interlocking, 1-3/4” x ½” thick wooden slats. They are held together by cables that run through vertical holes drilled in each slat at 22” intervals. Slats are also available in [1-3/4” x ¾” thick].
2. Bottom Bar: Bottom Bar of curtain assembly is constructed of solid wood 5-5/8” x 1-5/8” thick with a deadbolt lock installed at both jambs. [Cylinder locks] are also available.
3. Cable: Plastic coated aviation cable. Diameter is 3/32” with a tensile strength of 480 pounds. The cable is anchored to the bottom bar with a compression spring that applies tension to the cable. The other end of the cable is securely fastened to the top slat of the curtain on the wood doors.
B. Guides for Window Shutter:
1. Guides: Constructed of wood. Materials are 1-1/2” x 4” for between jamb mounting. Materials are 2-13/16” x 3” for face of wall mounting. Guides are also available in [Aluminum: Extruded 1/8” material thickness and measure 1-1/4” x 1-1/2” for between jamb and 2” x 3” thick for mounting to face of wall].
C. Door Support Brackets and Mounting Plates for Wood Doors, Window Shutter, Wood Window Specifications, Wood Roll Down Doors:
1. Bracket plates: Material fabricated from 1/8” or [3/16”] thick steel.
D. Counterbalance Assembly: Torsion
1. Counterbalance assembly: Spring is housed in either a 2” or [4”] diameter pipe. Springs are helical torsion and are designed to withstand a 25% overload.
E. Hood of Wood Roll Down Doors:
1. Hood: A coil enclosure (hood) is available in wood matching the curtains and guides. The rolling door is constructed out of ¾” veneer plywood. Hoods are also available in sheet metal [steel] [aluminum].
2. Shape: Square
F. Locking of Wood Roll Down Shutter:
1. Thub turn locks: Placed on [right] [left] [both] sides. Located at [coil side] or [opposite coil side].
2. Key Cylinders: Placed on [right] [left] [both] sides. Located at [coil side] or [opposite coil side].
3. Best Core Key Cylinders: Placed on [right] [left] [both] sides. Located at [coil side] or [opposite coil side].
2.03 OPERATION OF WOOD DOORS:
A. Opening/Closing: Manual push-up [Manual hand crank] [Motor Operator].
B. [Manual hand crank]:
1. Provide crank hoist operator including crank gear box, steel crank drive shaft and geared reduction unit. Fabricate gear box to completely enclose operating mechanism and be oil-tight.
C. [Motor Operators]:
1. Choose ONE:
a) Tubular Motor.
– OR –
b) Gear Motor Operator.
2. [Sensing Edges] : For motorized doors, sensing edges allow door to go up in case of obstruction. [Pneumatic Edge] [Electric Edge] [Wireless Edge].
a) Colors: Gray [Yellow] [Black] [White] [Yellow with black stripes]
2.04 Mounting of Wood Doors, Window Shutter, Wood Window Specifications, Wood Roll Down Doors:
1. Interior face mounted on prepared opening.
2. Interior mounted between jambs and under lintel in a prepared opening.
3. Exterior face mounted on prepared opening.
PART 3 – EXECUTION
3.01 EXAMINATION OF WOOD WINDOW SPECIFICATIONS
A. Verify that dimensions are correct and project conditions are in accordance with manufacturer’s installation instructions; do not proceed with installation until unacceptable conditions have been corrected.
3.02 INSTALLATION OF Wood Doors, Window Shutter, Wood Window Specifications, Wood Roll Down Doors
A. Install units in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
B. Ensure that units are installed plumb and true, free of warp or twist, and within tolerances specified by manufacturer for smooth operation.
C. Preparation for opening and installation of fire door to be in strict compliance with NPFA-80.
3.03 FIELD TESTING of Wood Doors, Window Shutter, Wood Window Specifications, Wood Roll Down Doors
A. Test rolling doors for regular operation.
3.04 DEMONSTRATION OF WOOD DOORS
A. Instruct the Owner’s personnel in correct operation and maintenance of units.
3.05 ADJUST AND CLEAN all Wood Doors, Window Shutter, Wood Window Specifications, Wood Roll Down Doors
A. Clean units in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
B. Restore slight blemishes in finishes in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions to match original finish. Remove and provide new units where repairs are not acceptable to the Architect.