Dawn 4" Door - 4" Boxspring Doors
- Storefront security doors, rolling doors and container doors are great for storefronts, warehouse entrances, sheds and indoor/outdoor flea markets
- Incorporates a 4″ interlocking curve slat design
- Roller gate box spring doors consist of a flat blue spring steel wrapped around a 2″ pipe shaft mounted to a spring box
Alpine’s storefront security doors, rolling doors and container doors are great for storefronts, warehouse entrances, sheds and indoor/outdoor flea markets.
- Alpine’s Dawn-4-Doors add additional strength to curtain assemblies. They have heavier pounds per square foot for higher wind loads with windlocks.
- They have a tighter corrugated slat for more protection.
- All operators can be adapted to specific conditions.
- Slide lock or pin locking mechanisms can be provided depending on the type of door operation.
The Alpine Advantage and Benefit
- Alpine Dawn 4” Doors are designed for easy operation and are trouble free with minimal maintenance required.
- After 42 years in business, Alpine doors have been proven reliable for use on thousands of installations in Commercial and Business locations. Alpine’s quality and workmanship is well known throughout the door industry. Our hands-on approach to every job ensures customer satisfaction.
- Made-to-Order manufacturing process. Alpine builds your product to the exact size, specifications and requirements.
- All of our products are constructed to have a rigid and compact design which provides for a more structural grade product while reducing overhead space and obstruction.
- Alpine builds trust by providing our products with a one year warranty on material and workmanship. As we also offer an optional five-year prorated warranties.
- We are an ISO 9001:2015 registered firm which ensures that our products are built with strict quality control you can count on.
- Alpine rolling steel doors are durable, sturdy and economical to install and maintain.
- Opening preparation, miscellaneous or structural metal work, access doors, finish or field painting, field electrical wiring, wire, conduit, fuses and disconnect switches are in the Scope of Work of other divisions or trades.
Constructed of interlocking, 22 gauge, 4” Curved Galvanized steel slats Option: 4” Curved Steel-Vision® slat with reinforcement plate and standard endlocks.
Finish Option: Choice of 188 ExoShield™ powder coat colors.
> Click here for available Powder Coating colors
Standard Gray ExoShield™ powder coated stamped brackets consisting of 14 gauge steel. Bracket is 15” Hexagon shaped.
Alpine’s standard Grey ExoShield powder coated guides are 2 1/2” roll formed consisting of 14 gauge steel
Finish Option: Choice of 188 ExoShield™ powder coat colors.
Consist of a flat blue steel spring wrapped around a 2” pipe shaft and mounted into an 8” spring box. Hot rolled A36.
HOODS – GALVANIZED
Hoods are made from 22 gauge galvanized steel.
Finish Options: Choice of 188 ExoShield™ powder coated colors.
Included with a hasp-pin type lock. Optional slide locks.
Manual push up with option for Redi-Central motor operator. The maximum size for manual push-up operations on steel doors is 120 square feet (not to exceed 12’ wide). Maximum size door is 12’ wide x 12’ high. Optional motor operator is U.L. Classified for 115V, 60 Hz.
Alpine Motor Operators
> View Redi-Central Details
Optional control stations are available as Push Button Control Station or Key Control Stations. Special Control Stations are also available.
> View Access Control Details
Alpine’s UL listed steel door operator is constructed with the highest quality material and the latest in technical innovation to ensure that each operator exceeds the requirements it is meant to achieve. Alpine is sure to have an electric gate operator that will meet all your individual specifications. Call Alpine today to learn more about the options for these operators, including a metal door motor.
To download PDF drawings please select from links below.
> For CAD files, please click here
Alpine’s Dawn 4” Door® container doors comply with the 08330 construction spec. Alpine’s Economy rolling gate box spring container rolling doors are designed for security and are easy to operate. Alpine’s heavy duty door has been proven for use on thousands of installations for business and industry and require minimal maintenance. For double doors or marine doors, please select the item from the product index.
The Dawn 4” Door® heavy duty door AutoCAD drawings and AutoCAD details are for informational purposes. They may change at any time. The CAD detail and CAD drawing reflect the options that are available to the architects and engineers compiling a drawing of container doors to present to contractors. The AutoCAD detail and AutoCAD container door drawing will be updated regularly. Alpine’s container rolling doors are built to last.
Alpine® Dawn 4″ Door® Security Doors
Rolling Service Door
NOTE: For security door specifications for self-storage doors, architects must choose from a variety of options. The standard choice will be shown first in plain text followed by the options shown in [brackets] (Example “Finish: Galvanized [Powder coated] [Baked enamel]”). The specifier must make the appropriate choices and delete the others (Example: “Finish: Powder coated”) according to your rolling service door needs..
1.01 SUMMARY OF SECURITY DOORS
A. This section includes: [Manual] or [Electric] operated Economy Box Spring Door.
1. Cycle life: Design doors of standard construction for use up to 12,000 cycles.
2. Dimensions: To be a manual push-up, door must not exceed 120 ft.²
B. Related Sections: Related to this section, but not limited to, the following (based on Master Format 2004):
1. Section 01660 – Product Storage and Handling Requirements.
2. Section 04220 – Concrete Unit Masonry.
3. Section 05120 – Structural Steel.
4. Section 06100 – Rough Carpentry.
5. Section 08310 – Access Doors and Panels.
6. Section 08710 – Door Hardware.
7. Section 09290 – Gypsum Board.
8. Section 09900 – Paints and Coatings.
9. Section 26000 – Electrical.
1.02 REFERENCES OF SELF-STORAGE DOORS
A. ASTM A 653/A 653M – Standard Security Door Specifications for Steel Sheet, Zinc-Coated (Galvanized) or Zinc-Iron Alloy-Coated (Galvannealed) by the Hot-Dip Process
B. ASTM A 1018/A 1018M – Standard Specification for Steel, Sheet and Strip, Heavy-Thickness Coils, Hot-Rolled, Carbon, Commercial, Drawing, Structural, High-Strength Low-Alloy, and High-Strength Low-Alloy with Improved Formidability
C. ASTM A 123 – Standard Specification for Zinc (Hot-Dip Galvanized) Coatings on Iron and Steel Products
D. ASTM A 312 – Standard Specification for Seamless, Welded, and Heavily Cold Worked Austenitic Stainless Steel Pipes
E. ASTM A 240 – Standard Specification for Chromium and Chromium-Nickel Stainless Steel Plate, Sheet, and Strip for Pressure Vessels and for General Applications
F. ASTM A 276 – Standard Specification for Stainless Steel Bars and Shapes
G. ASTM B 209 – Standard Specification for Aluminum and Aluminum-Alloy Sheet and Plate
H. ASTM B 221 – Standard Security Door Specifications for Aluminum and Aluminum-Alloy Extruded Bars, Rods, Wire, Profiles, and Tubes
A. Submit under provisions of Section 01300.
B. Product Data: Provide manufacturer’s standard details and catalog data. Provide installation instructions.
C. Shop Drawings: Furnish shop drawings for architect’s approval. Include elevation, sections, and details indicating dimensions, materials, finishes, conditions for anchorage and support of each door.
D. Submit manufacturer’s recommended operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance instructions.
1.04 QUALITY ASSURANCE OF SECURITY DOORS
A. Manufacturer: Rolling doors shall be manufactured by a firm with a minimum of five years experience.
B. Single-Source Responsibility: Manufacturer shall provide doors, tracks, motors, and accessories for each type of door. Secondary components shall come from a source acceptable to the manufacturer of the primary components.
1.05 DELIVERY, STORAGE, AND HANDLING
A. Deliver materials in original packaging supplied by manufacturer with intact labels. Store materials away from harmful environmental conditions and construction.
1.06 WARRANTY OF SELF-STORAGE DOORS
A. Door Warranty: Provide one year written warranty from date of installation against deficiencies due to defects in materials or workmanship. Installer agrees to repair or replace any defects in materials or workmanship.
B. Project Warranty: Refer to Conditions of the Contract for project warranty provisions.
PART 2 – PRODUCTS
2.01 MANUFACTURER OF SECURITY DOORS
A. Manufacturer: Alpine Overhead Doors, Inc.; 8 Hulse Road Suite 1S, East Setauket, NY 11733. Telephone 800-257-4634 or 631-473-9300. Fax 631-642-0800.
B. Model: DAWN 4 DOOR® Rolling Service Door
2.02 MATERIALS FOR SELF-STORAGE DOORS
1. Slats: Constructed of interlocking, roll-formed 4” curve [4” curve perforated] slats. (For grilles, see specs for Dawn Grille)
a) Material of security door specifications:
i) Galvanized steel, G90 coating exterior (G60 interior), Structural Quality Grade C, as per ASTM A 653/ A 653 M
Finish: Galvanized [Powder coated] [Baked enamel] (Minimum coating conforming with Coating Designation G-01 is required)
– OR –
ii) ASTM 240 Stainless steel 300 series
Finish: [Mill finish #2B] [#4 satin finish] – OR –
Finish: Mill Finish [Clear anodized] [Bronze anodized] [Black anodized] b) Gauge: (Per manufacturer’s standard)
i) Galvanized/Stainless: Minimum 22 gauge as manufacturer standard [20, 18, 16 gauge].
ii) Aluminum: Minimum 0.040” thick.
2. [Vision Lite panels] (for flat slats only): Provide 6” by 1 ¼” oval acrylic panes set into curtain. (Choose number and placement)
a) Stamped, hot-dip galvanized endlocks riveted (solid rivets, minimum 3/8” thick) to each end of alternate slats to prevent lateral movement and to limit slat deflection and bending stress.
4. Bottom Bar: (Size dependent on dimensions per manufacturer’s standard)
a) Extruded aluminum bottom bar
Finish: Mill Finish [Clear anodized] [Bronze anodized] [Black anodized] b) [Tubular Aluminum bottom bar] Finish: Mill Finish [Clear anodized] [Bronze anodized] [Black anodized] B. Guides for Security Doors:
1. Guides shall be roll formed consisting of 13 gauge steel, steel mounting angles, expansion slotted connections, and removable curtain stops to allow for curtain maintenance without removal of guides.
i) ASTM A 1018/A 1018 M Steel
Finish: Gray shop prime coat [ASTM A 123 Galvanized] [baked enamel paint] [powder coated].
C. Door Support Brackets and Mounting Plates for self-storage doors:
1. Security door specifications call for 13 gauge steel stamped brackets, welded to guides. Plate supports counterbalance assembly and forms end enclosures.
i) ASTM A 1018/A 1018 M Steel:
Finish: Gray shop prime coat [ASTM A 123 Galvanized] [Baked enamel paint] [Powder coated].
D. Counterbalance Assembly: Band Spring
1. Consists of flat blue spring steel wrapped around a 2” pipe shaft and mounted into a spring box.
1. 24 gauge steel [.040” aluminum]. Formed to fit the contour of the end brackets with reinforced top and bottom edges.
2. Shape: Hexagon [square] [round] 3. Material:
a) Galvanized Steel as per ASTM A 653/ A 653 M
Finish: [Baked enamel paint] [Powder coated] – OR –
b) ASTM 240 Stainless Steel 300 Series:
Finish: [Mill finish #2B] [#4 satin finish] – OR –
Finish: Mill Finish [Clear anodized] [Bronze anodized] [Black anodized] 4. [Fascia]: Galvanized [Stainless Steel] [Aluminum], provided where areas behind door hood are open. Materials and finish same as hood.
1. Provide hasps and pins, prepared for padlocks on coil side. [Slide locks]
2.03 Operation according to security door specifications:
A. Opening/Closing: Manual push-up [Motor Operator].
B. [Motor Operator]:
1. Alpine Redi-Central® 115 V, 60 Hz, single phase motor.
1. Interior face mounted on prepared opening.
2. Interior mounted between jambs and under lintel in a prepared opening.
3. Exterior face mounted on prepared opening.
PART 3 – EXECUTION
A. Verify that dimensions are correct and project conditions are in accordance with manufacturer’s installation instructions; do not proceed with installation until unacceptable conditions have been corrected.
3.02 INSTALLATION OF SECURITY DOORS
A. Install units in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
B. Ensure that units are installed plumb and true, free of warp or twist, and within tolerances specified by manufacturer for smooth operation.
3.03 FIELD TESTING
A. Test doors for regular operation.
3.04 DEMONSTRATION OF SELF-STORAGE DOORS
A. Instruct the Owner’s personnel in correct operation and maintenance of units.
3.05 ADJUST AND CLEAN
A. Clean units in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions and security door specifications. Restore slight blemishes in finishes in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions to match original finish. Remove and provide new units where repairs are not acceptable to the Architect.
Alpine’s Economy Rolling Gate Box Spring storage doors are designed for security and are easy to operate. Alpine’s container rolling doors, container doors have been proven for use on thousands of installations for business and industry and require minimal maintenance.
Alpine’s rolling gate Dawn 4″ Door® curtains incorporate a 4″ interlocking curved slat design. These self-storage doors can be either manually or motor operated. The rolling gate, Steel Dawn 4″ Door® includes a 24 gauge galvanized or paint-primed hood. Locking standard choices include hasp-pin type or slide bolts for use with padlocks. Call the factory for additional lock options for your container rolling doors.
4″ Curved Slats