Redi-Reset® MK Crank
Gear Reduced Jackshaft Door Operator
A perfect choice for operation of fire doors in recessed or finished applications
- UL Classified, CSA Certified.
- This fire door operator has lower maintenance costs.
- Easily tested and reset by the end user.
- Governor provides consistent door closing speed.
- Door is stoppable at any position of door travel.
- Automatic closure of the door occurs when the fusible link melts at 165 degrees.
- After testing only the fusible link or the release device must be reset.
- Closing and drop testing controlled by a cable located at floor level.
- Optional warning annunciators or locking mechanism’s are available.
- Redi-Reset II Crank operators are recommended for doors in finished or recessed applications.
The Redi-Reset-MK crank operator is designed for use on Alpine’s fire doors. They safely control fire door closing speeds and eliminate the dangers associated with resetting spring tension as with a conventional chain or crank operator.
Brake release activation of this fire door operator allows the door to close while routinely testing the governing closing system. Normal or automatic closing speed of the door is safely controlled and will not exceed 9” per second. The fusible link activation is standard, Alarm activation with the use of a fail-safe release device is available as an option.
The Redi-Reset-MK jackshaft door operator is available for fire doors up to 30’ wide by 24’ high. This operator is highly recommended for fire doors that are installed in finished or recessed applications. The operator will safely stop the door curtain at any position and will not backwind. Costly power wiring to the opening is not required.
A major benefit with the Redi-Reset-MK crank operator is that after the fire door closes upon receipt of a signal from a fusible link or an alarm activation there is no need to adjust the spring for the spring tension is never released. Any downtime associated with the testing of this fire door operator is minimal. The fire doors are easily reset to the open position within minutes by facility personnel.
Note: The Alpine Redi-Reset II manual hand crank operator and release device is compatible with Alpine’s Auto Fire-Tite, Auto Fire-Shut, Auto Smoke Fire- Tite, Auto Fire-Tite® Hi-Rise, and Auto Fire-Storm® model doors.