Quality Rolling Steel Doors
Fire-Tite® IMB - UL, cUL & FM Approved Insulated Fire Doors
- IMB roll up insulated fire curtain
- High quality rolling metal fire doors at a competitive price
- Optional internal flame baffle prevents infiltration through header
- Approved for roll down stainless steel fire doors
- Oversize UL label up to 56′x30′
- Overhead fire rated doors are built in accordance with requirements specified by Underwriters Laboratories Inc.
Alpine’s insulated Fire-Tite® IMB Doors are used for warehouses, hospitals, educational facilities, office buildings, multi-tenant residential buildings, manufacturing facilities, airports, hotels, theaters, train stations, police stations, correctional facilities, and retail applications among many others.
- These doors provide access control and security protection under normal use and will close automatically in the event of a fire, serving as fire stopping to contain the spread of a fire
- Conventional design offers a push-up operation product, where Auto Fire-Tite® products do not (max. push-up dimension: 10’ft wide x 10’ft high)
- Hand Chain or Motor Operation available for larger sizes.
- Fire Doors activated only by 165º fusible link (Conventional) carry the lowest upfront cost available
- 3 hr Rating – 3 hour approved for doors in dividing fire walls
- 1-1/2 hr Rating – 1.5 hour approved for doors, in vertical shaft openings
- 3/4 hr Rating – 0.75 hour approved for doors in a corridor or a room-partition
- 4 Hour Rated (Optional) – Consult factory for more information
- Fire rated doors over 152 square feet will receive a Classified UL label marked “OVERSIZE ROLLING STEEL FIRE DOOR” that includes the hourly rating as well as the certification number
The Alpine Advantage and Benefit
- Alpine’s Fire-Tite® doors ensure security and fire protection and are listed and/or classified by:
- Underwriters Laboratories, Inc., (U.L.).
- Underwriter’s Laboratories of Canada, Inc. (U.L.C.).
- Factory Mutual (F.M.) *Flame Drop Baffle Required*.
- Rolling steel fire rated doors as manufactured by Alpine Overhead Doors, Inc. are durable, sturdy, reliable and economical to install and maintain.
- Opening preparation, miscellaneous or structural metal work, access doors, finish or field painting, field electrical wiring, wire, conduit, fuses and disconnect switches are in the Scope of Work of other divisions or trades.
This fire door 3 Hour approved for insulated fire doors in dividing fire walls with openings not exceeding 152 sq. ft. in area. • 1.5 Hour approved for roll up fire doors in vertical shaft openings not exceeding 152 sq. ft. in area. • .75 Hour approved for exterior fire shutters in corridor or room-partition opening not exceeding 152 sq. ft. in area. • 1.5 Hour approved for fire doors in exterior or interior wall opening not exceeding 152 sq. ft. in area.
Alpine’s insulated fire doors and roll up fire doors are tested and approved for the protection of openings in fire walls, vertical shafts and exterior walls up to 152 sq.ft. with a maximum width or height of up to 13ft 6in. For openings that exceed these limitations, an oversize certificate is available for sizes up to 56′ in width and 30′ in height.
Fire-Tite® IMB fire rated door curtains are fire resistant doors constructed of galvanized steel insulated up to 7/8″ thick slats and can be finished with powder coating or baked enamel finishes. The metal on metal insulated slats have a 7/8″ thick fiberglass fireproof insulation. Each fire door is equipped with a 22 gauge steel hood formed to fit the contour of the end brackets. Durable ductile iron with 1/4″ semi-solid rivets, hot dipped end locks and wind locks are available. Our industrial fire rated door supports and brackets are all steel plates no less than 1/4″ thick. Alpine’s torsion counterbalance assembly for roll up fire doors is state of the art, providing maximum security and ease of use. The fire safe door may be interior mounted.
IMB Curtain Detail