Quality Rolling Steel Doors
Smoke Fire-Shut® - Smoke Rated Shutters
- Fire and Smoke rated counter shutter; U.L. classified to 3 hours of protection
- Ideal for all pass-through openings such as service counters, concession stands and cafeteria counters
- Smoke shutter coils upward requiring little side or head room
- Built in accordance with the requirements specified by Underwriters Laboratories Inc.
Alpine’s Smoke Fire-Shut® Doors are ideal for use in school cafeterias, office windows, healthcare facilities, hospitals and airport concession displays, or wherever smoke and fire protection is needed.
- These doors provide access control and security protection under normal use and will close automatically in the event of a fire, serving as a fire wall to contain the spread of a fire and eliminate the infiltration of Smoke.
- Activates upon melting of 165º fusible link.
- Conventional design offers a push-up operation product, where Auto Fire-Shut® products do not.
- The lowest upfront cost available that meets or exceeds your needs.
- Alpine’s Counter Fire Door products have been UL classified and listed under the UL Product Category: “Fire Shut Integral Frame Counter-Shutter Fire Door – GSVV.”
- Ratings: 1-1/2 HR, 3/4 HR.
- Sizes: Face Mounted – 5’ Wide x 5’ High, Up to 51 sq ft.
- Between Jambs – 10’ 10” Wide x 6’ 4” High, Up to 86 sq ft.
- Alpine’s Smoke Fire-Shut® door products also carry a 3 HR, 1-1/2 HR or 3/4 HR fire rating under UL File GSNV.
- Sizes: Classified for openings up to 13 ‘6 “ wide x 12’ high.
The Alpine Advantage and Benefit
- Alpine’s Fire-Shutters ensure security and fire protection and are listed and/or classified by:
• Underwriter’s Laboratories, Inc., (U.L.)
• Underwriter’s Laboratories of Canada, Inc. (U.L.C.)
• Factory Mutual (F.M.) *Flame Drop Baffle Required*
- Made-To-Order manufacturing process. Alpine builds your product to the exact size specified by you.
- All of our products are constructed to have a rigid and compact design which provides for a more structural grade product while reducing overhead space and obstruction.
- Alpine builds trust by providing our products with a warranty on material and workmanship. As we also offer an optional five-year pro-rated warranty. Please call factory for more information on our pro-rated warranties.
- We are an ISO 9001 registered firm which ensures you that our products are built with true quality you can count on.
- The opening preparation and the installation of the fire door shall be performed in strict compliance with NFPA-80.
- *Opening preparation, miscellaneous or structural metal work, access doors,
- finish or field painting, field electrical wiring, wire, conduit, fuses and disconnect switches are in the Scope of Work of other divisons or trades
3 Hour approved for doors in dividing fire walls with openings not exceeding 51 sq. ft. in area.
- 1.5 Hour approved for doors in vertical shaft openings not exceeding 51 sq. ft. in area.
- .75 Hour approved for doors in corridor or room-partition opening not exceeding 51 sq. ft. in area.
- 1.5 Hour approved for doors in exterior wall opening not exceeding 51 sq. ft. in area. Mounting shutter between jambs size not exceeding 86 sq.ft.
The Alpine Smoke Fire-Shut® smoke shutter has all the features of the Fire-Shut® with the addition of an “S” rating for smoke leakage. The Smoke Fire-Shut® smoke rated shutters utilize a vinyl smoke seal on the bottom bar, brush seals on the guides and lintel to stop the movement of smoke through the door. This enables smoke containment and prevents property damage and health risks.
Alpine’s Smoke Fire-Shut® smoke sealed shutters are engineered and constructed to combine fire protection and service. These shutters are designed for small pass-through openings such as service counters, windows, concession stands and cafeteria counters. The interlocking flat faced steel, stainless steel, or prime painted slats maintains the aesthetic harmony of any building decor. These smoke rated shutters are great in situations where smoke containment is necessary. Most importantly, Alpine counter shutters provide excellent protection against fire, theft and unauthorized entry.
Alpine Smoke Fire-Shut® curtains are available in 1-1/4″ flat interlocking slats. Smoke rated shutters can be manually or motor operated. Operators can be adapted to specific conditions. Locking units can be provided depending on the type of shutter operation. Alpine’s Redi-Robot may be used on this shutter.
1 1/4″ Flat Slat