Quality Rolling Steel Doors
FEMA-Tite™ - P-361 Rated Rolling Tornado / Hurricane Door
Alpine’s FEMA-TITE™ rolling door is ideal for safe rooms, storm shelters for schools, office buildings, emergency call centers, police stations, post offices or anywhere that may be subject to hurricanes or tornados.
- Alpine’s Insulated Metal Backed model FEMA-TITE™ metal on metal insulated slat has polystyrene insulation at a min 15/16” thick with an option for CFC-Free Foamed-in-Place Polyurethane and helps reduce air infiltration.
- A minimum gauge combination of 16ga front slat and 16ga back slat has been missile tested to ensure safety against flying debris.
- Doors are designed to withstand a wind load of 250psf for tornadoes (305psf test at 1.2 times the design pressure)
- Doors are also designed to withstand a wind load of 200psf for hurricanes (305psf at 1.5 times the design pressure)
- “Fail Safe” electric operator which will close the door upon alarm at a rate of 9” per second on average
- All operating systems can be adapted to specific conditions such as; inclement weather, corrosive atmospheres, etc.
- Air infiltration – manufactured to meet 2015. IECC®, ASHRAE®90.1 and California’s Title 24, tested independently to meet 0.3 CFM/FT
- Weather seals consist of a neoprene hood baffle, vinyl guide weather stripping and vinyl astragal on the bottom bar, with an option for 1½” perimeter brush seals
- Not to be mounted to CMU block, filled or hollow.
FEMA-TITE™ rolling storm shutters are certified by PRI to ICC 500-2014/FEMA P-361-2015 as follows:
- Design Pressure = 254psf / Test Pressure = 305psf
- Missile Impact = 13ft / 15lb 2×4 @ 100MPH
- Maximum Tested Size = 20ft Width x 14ft Height
- Minimum Tested Size = 3ft-6in Width x 4ft Height
- Click here to download the certification (PDF)
The Alpine Advantage and Benefit
- Our available “Fail safe” operators can be used in combination with wind sensors and tied directly to security or alarm systems.
- Alpine Insulated Metal Backed (IMB) Doors are designed for easy operation and are trouble free with minimal maintenance required.
- After 42 years in this family business, Alpine doors have been proven reliable for use on thousands of installations in Commercial and Business locations. Alpine’s quality and workmanship is well known throughout the door industry. Our hands-on approach to every job ensures customer satisfaction.
- With a “Made-to-Order” manufacturing process. Alpine builds your product to the exact size, specifications and requirements.
- All of our products are constructed to have a rigid and compact design which provides for a more structural grade product while reducing overhead space and obstruction.
- Alpine builds trust by providing our products with a two-year warranty on material and workmanship. As we also offer an optional five-year prorated warranty.
- We are an ISO 9001:2015 registered firm which ensures that our products are built with strict quality control you can count on.
- Rolling doors as manufactured by Alpine Overhead Doors, Inc. provide years of trouble-free operation. Not to be mounted on CMU block, filled or hollow.
- Opening preparation, miscellaneous or structural metal work, access doors, finish or field painting, field electrical wiring, wire, conduit, fuses and disconnect switches are in the Scope of Work of other divisions or trades.
Alpine has designed and built this ultimate performance FEMA-compliant rolling storm shutter that provides stronger protection against extreme weather conditions with high winds that may cause flying debris. In the event of an emergency these doors can act as a protection against the aforementioned winds as well as unwanted intrusions. To help businesses cut down on energy costs, the model FEMA-Tite insulated door is designed specifically to provide energy efficiency, utilizing a heat resistant polystyrene insulation or CFC-Free Foamed-in-Place Polyurethane with a low thermal transmittance factor.
The metal on metal insulated slat of this rolling overhead door has polystyrene insulation, or CFC-Free Foamed-in-Place Polyurethane that is a minimum of 15/16″ thick. Slats are available in the following gauge combination 16 Front/16 Back with a thermal break on each slat.
FEMA-TITE™ Slat Profile