Quality Rolling Steel Doors
IMB-V7 - Insulated Roll Up Door
- Insulated roll up door with metal backing
- Provides increased thermal protection
- Fully weather-stripped
- R-Value of 8.01, STC Rating of 26
- 7/8″ thick polystyrene
- Optional polyurethane insulation
An insulated roll up door is used for warehouses, loading docks, parking garages, aircraft hangars, fire houses, truck terminals, police stations, correctional facilities, manufacturing and retail applications among others.
- 2.75” insulated flat 7/8” thick slats available in various front/back slat gauge combinations.
- Polystyrene Insulation with an option for foamed in place CFC and HCFC free polyurethane insulation. R-Value = 8.01 with a U-Factor of .125, and STC rating of 26.
- Doors can be manual hand crank, hand chain or motor operated. All operators can be adapted to specific conditions.
- Standard as galvanized with Stainless Steel, B.S. Aluminum and ExoShield™ powder coating as an optional finish.
- Provides protection against water penetration and other inclement weather conditions.
- Can be installed on the interior, exterior, face of wall or between jambs.
The Alpine Advantage and Benefit
- Alpine IMB-V7 Insulated Metal Backed Doors are designed for energy efficiency, easy operation and are trouble free with minimal maintenance required.
- After 50 years in business, Alpine doors have been proven reliable for use on thousands of installations in Commercial and Business locations. Alpine’s quality and workmanship is well known throughout the door industry. Our hands-on approach to every job ensures customer satisfaction.
- Made-to-Order manufacturing process. Alpine builds your product to the exact size, specifications and requirements.
- All of our products are constructed to have a rigid and compact design which provides for a more structural grade product while reducing overhead space and obstruction.
- Alpine builds trust by providing this product with a two-year warranty on material and workmanship. As we also offer an optional five-year prorated warranty.
- We are an ISO 9001:2015 registered firm which ensures that our products are built with strict quality control you can count on.
- Rolling service doors as manufactured by Alpine Overhead Doors, Inc. are durable, sturdy and economical to install and maintain
- Opening preparation, miscellaneous or structural metal work, access doors, finish or field painting, field electrical wiring, wire, conduit, fuses and disconnect switches are in the scope of work of other divisions or trades.
Benefits of an Insulated Roll Up Door
Insulated doors offer a variety of benefits over conventional models including:
- Improved security – insulated slats are twice as thick compared to standard slats, increasing overall protection for your facility.
- Decreased energy costs – insulated service doors help maintain the inside temperature, reducing monthly heating and cooling bills.
- More environmentally friendly – by utilizing less energy, you are reducing your overall carbon footprint.
- Noise control – the polystyrene insulation offers sound dampening qualities helping to reduce external noises from coming in.
How Much Does an Insulated Roll-Up Door Cost?
There are several factors that contribute the upfront cost of an insulated service door. Primary drivers of cost include the material and thickness of the curtain, type of insulation, operator selection, and finish options. Material can be either stainless steel or aluminum. Insulation options include polystyrene as standard, or foamed in place CFC and HCFC free polyurethane. While foamed in place increases the cost, it also contributes to the insulative properties of the door, as well as the environmental benefits. For upfront costs, an insulated door is on average 60-70% higher than a comparable non-insulated door.
However, when evaluating an insulated door vs non-insulated, you must consider the lifetime cost of the door, not just the initial investment. Energy savings over time can add up considerably. Of course, the total savings will depend on several variables such as the size of your facility, how often the door is cycled, and which door construction options are selected.
Insulated Door Overview:
In response to these times of rising energy costs, Alpine has designed and built an insulated roll up door that provides better protection against the elements. To help businesses cut down on energy costs, Alpine offers our IMB insulated roll up door design. IMB-V7® insulated roll down door is designed specifically to provide energy efficiency, utilizing a heat resistant polystyrene insulation with a low thermal transmittance factor. These fast acting doors can be utilized as an insulated sound door as well as other applications.
The metal on metal insulated slat has polystyrene insulation that is a minimum of 7/8″ thick. Slats are available in 22, 20, 18, and 16 gauge steel with a backing of 24, 22, or 20 gauge steel and also available in B.S. Aluminum. Polystyrene slat insulation offers maximum thermal protection. They can be push-up, hand-crank, hand-chain or motor operated. All operators can be adapted to specific conditions for your insulated roll down door.
Additional Insulated Rolling Door Resources:
IMB-V7 Curtain Detail