Quality Rolling Steel Doors
High Rise H-O Fire-Tite®
- HIgh Rise H-O Fire-Tite® marine curtain doors are built for marine bulkheads
- This door is Classified by UL to withstand hydrocarbon pool fires for 2 hours
- The Maritime steel doors provide protection against rapid temperature increase
- Offshore maritime steel shutters are also available in stainless steel
- Offshore marine shutters are built in accordance with the requirements specified by Underwriters Laboratories Inc.
The Alpine High Rise H-0 Fire-Tite® Door is ideal for use in off-shore oil rig platforms, oil drilling platforms, marine bulkhead doors, chemical storage facilities, ocean vessels, ships and tankers.
- Alpine’s Rolling High Rise H-O Fire Doors were tested for a period of 128 minutes (122 minutes and 15 seconds of continuous fire exposure) under the temperature conditions specified in ASTM E1529-93, “Standard Test Methods for Determining Effects of Large Hydrocarbon Pool Fires on Structural Members and Assemblies.”
- Salty ocean water corrosion is greatly reduced by our Quality Powder Coating.
- Fumes and gases are maximally controlled from escaping into the environment
- 3 hr Rating – 3 hour approved for doors in dividing fire walls with openings not exceeding 162 sq. ft. in area. Sizes above 162 sq. ft. will be oversized.
- 1-1/2 hr Rating – 1.5 hour approved for doors, in vertical shaft openings not exceeding 162 sq. ft. in area. Sizes above 162 sq. ft. will be oversized.
- 3/4 hr Rating – 0.75 hour approved for doors in a corridor or a room-partition opening not exceeding 162 sq. ft. in area. Sizes above 162 sq. ft. will be oversized.
- 4 Hour Rated (Optional) – Approved for doors with openings not exceeding 162 sq. ft. in area. Sizes above 162 sq. ft. will be oversized.
- *Oversize Doors will bear an “Oversize Fire Rated Door” label on the bottom bar*
- Alpine’s Fire-Tite® H-0 doors ensure security and fire protection and are listed and/or classified by:
- Underwriters Laboratories, Inc., (U.L.),
- Underwriter’s Laboratories of Canada, Inc. (U.L.C.),
- Factory Mutual (F.M.) *Flame Drop Baffle Required*-
- The opening preparation and the installation of the fire door shall be per-formed in strict compliance with NFPA-80.
- Opening preparation, miscellaneous or structural metal work, access doors,finish or field painting, field electrical wiring, wire, conduit, fuses and discon-nect switches are in the Scope of Work of other divisions or trades.
Alpine’s High Rise H-O Fire-Tite® maritime steel doors are Alpine Fire-Tite® doors designed specifically for use in offshore H-O rated marine bulkheads. The High Rise H-O Fire-Tite® maritime curtain doors provide offshore protection against rapid temperature increases. The maritime shutters and marine curtain doors are also classified by Underwriter’s Laboratories Inc. to withstand hydrocarbon pool fires for 2 hours. Click here to see our Automatic maritime door.
Offshore High Rise H-O Fire-Tite® curtains are constructed of galvanized steel in 2 3/4″ flat slats, and can be finished with powder coating or baked enamel finishes. Each door of the offshore maritime steel shutters are equipped with a 22 gauge steel hood formed to fit the contour of the end brackets and durable ductile iron windlock with 1/4″ semi-solid rivets. Our offshore marine curtain doors support and brackets are all steel plates no less than 1/4″ thick. Alpine’s Torsion Counterbalance Assembly is state of the art, providing maximum security and ease of use.
Fire performance evaluation of the Alpine H-O, the maritime steel doors assembly was conducted in accordance with IMO Resolution A.754, (18). Recommendation on fire door resistance tests for A, B, and F class divisions and ASTM E1529-93.
The Alpine H-O maritime shutters and assembly was tested for a total of two hours and 8 minutes and was exposed to continuous fire exposure for a total of 122 minutes and 15 seconds. The Alpine H-0 Overhead Door maintained its structural integrity by remaining closed for the entire duration of this fire test.
The test door dimensions were 10’ X 8’ ft. The door was installed in a representative bulkhead section which was constructed in general accordance with IMO Resolution A.754 (18). The steel door edges were stiffened with 2.5” x 2.5” x 1/4” reinforced angles. The exposed face of the bulkhead was insulated to an A-60 rating, provided by two, 2-in. layers of Delta Marine Board insulation.
ANTI-WARPING STEEL BOTTOM BAR EDGE
A specialized bottom bar and steel edge to maximize containment of fuel and oil spills.
SEE CATALOG CUT SHEET LISTED AT THE TOP RIGHT TAB OF THIS PAGE FOR SPECIFIC DETAILS ABOUT THE MARITIME STEEL DOORS AND MARITIME SHUTTERS.
2 3/4″ Flat Slat