Quality Rolling Steel Doors
Smoke Fire-Tite® IMB - UL, cUL & FM Approved Insulated Fire Doors
- High quality insulated fire door designed to prevent the spread of smoke
- All the features of the coiling Fire-Tite® with the addition of an “S” rating for smoke leakage
- Perimeter smoke seals standard
- Approved for stainless steel fire doors
- Built in accordance with the requirements specified by Underwriters Laboratories Inc.
Alpine’s Smoke-Fire-Tite® IMB (Insulated Metal Backed) doors are ideal for use in schools, healthcare facilities, hospitals, chemical warehouses, distribution centers and airport hangers.
- These insulated doors provide access control and security protection under normal use and will close automatically in the event of a fire, serving as fire stopping to contain the spread of a fire
- Conventional design offers a push-up operation product, where Auto Fire-Tite® products do not (max. push-up dimension: 10’ft wide x 10’ft high)
- Hand Chain or Motor Operation available for larger sizes.
- Fire Doors activated only by 165º fusible link (Conventional) carry the lowest upfront cost available
- 3 hr Rating – 3 hour approved for doors in dividing fire walls
- 1-1/2 hr Rating – 1.5 hour approved for doors, in vertical shaft openings
- 3/4 hr Rating – 0.75 hour approved for doors in a corridor or a room-partition
- 4 Hour Rated (Optional) – Consult factory for more information
- Fire rated doors over 152 square feet will receive a Classified UL label marked “OVERSIZE ROLLING STEEL FIRE DOOR” that includes the hourly rating as well as the certification number
Fire Tite Labeling (SHOULD THIS STAY? WAS NOT IN NEW WRITE UP.)
The Oversize Certificate is authorized for rolling steel doors for the protection of openings in fire walls, vertical shafts and exterior walls where the area exceeds 162 square ft., or for openings in the above locations when width or height exceeds 13’-6” x12’. The maximum dimensions for doors for standard fire protection provided with the Oversize Fire Door Certificate is 56 ft. in width and 30 ft. in height. Fire doors exceeding 1,200 square feet must consult factory.
Doors are constructed to conform within requirements specified by Underwriter’s Laboratories. Inc. (U.L.). Doors are automatic and
self-closing through an isolating governing release system, Rated 4, 3, 1-1/2, 3/4 or oversized certificate.
The Alpine Advantage and Benefit
- Alpine’s Fire-Tite® doors ensure security and fire protection and are listed and/or classified by:
- Underwriters Laboratories, Inc., (U.L.).
- Underwriter’s Laboratories of Canada, Inc. (U.L.C.).
- Factory Mutual (F.M.) *Flame Drop Baffle Required*.
- Rolling steel fire rated doors as manufactured by Alpine Overhead Doors, Inc. are durable, sturdy, reliable and economical to install and maintain.
- Opening preparation, miscellaneous or structural metal work, access doors, finish or field painting, field electrical wiring, wire, conduit, fuses and disconnect switches are in the Scope of Work of other divisions or trades.
3 Hour approved for doors in dividing fire walls with openings not exceeding 120 sq. ft. in area. • 1.5 Hour approved for doors in vertical shaft openings not exceeding 120 sq. ft. in area. • .75 Hour approved for doors in corridor or room-partition opening not exceeding 120 sq. ft. in area. • 1.5 Hour approved for doors in exterior wall opening not exceeding 120 sq. ft. in area.
The Alpine Smoke Fire-Tite® roll down fire doors and insulated smoke shutters have all the features of the Fire-Tite® with the addition of an “S” rating for smoke leakage. The Smoke Fire-Tite® insulated fire shutters utilize a vinyl smoke seal on the bottom bar, brush seals on the guides and lintel to stop the movement of smoke through the door.This prevents property damage and health risks.
Smoke Fire-Tite® curtains are constructed of galvanized steel in 2 3/4″ flat, slats, and can be finished with powder coating or baked enamel finishes. All secure overhead doors are equipped with a 22 gauge steel hood formed to fit the contour of the end brackets. Durable ductile iron endlocks with 1/4″ semi-solid rivets and wind locks are available. Our door supports and brackets are all steel plates no less than 1/4″ thick. Alpine’s Torsion Counterbalance Assembly is state of the art, providing maximum security and ease of use.