Quality Rolling Steel Doors
Smoke Fire-Tite® - Smoke Rated Doors
- High quality fire door designed to prevent the spread of smoke
- Alpine’s Smoke Fire-Tite® smoke rated and fire rated door has all the features of the coiling Fire-Tite® with the addition of an “S” rating for smoke leakage.
- Perimeter smoke seals standard
- Approved for stainless steel fire doors
- Built in accordance with the requirements specified by Underwriters Laboratories Inc
Alpine’s Smoke-Fire-Tite® Flat Slat Doors are ideal for use in school cafeterias, healthcare facilities, hospitals, chemical warehouses and airport concession displays.
- These doors provide access control and security protection under normal use and will close automatically in the event of a fire, serving as fire stopping to contain the spread of a fire
- Conventional design offers a push-up operation product, where Auto Fire-Tite® products do not (max. push-up dimension: 10’ft wide x 10’ft high)
- Hand Chain or Motor Operation available for larger sizes.
- Fire Doors activated only by 165º fusible link (Conventional) carry the lowest upfront cost available
- 3 hr Rating – 3 hour approved for doors in dividing fire walls
- 1-1/2 hr Rating – 1.5 hour approved for doors, in vertical shaft openings
- 3/4 hr Rating – 0.75 hour approved for doors in a corridor or a room-partition
- 4 Hour Rated (Optional) – Consult factory for more information
- Fire rated doors over 152 square feet will receive a Classified UL label marked “OVERSIZE ROLLING STEEL FIRE DOOR” that includes the hourly rating as well as the certification number
The Alpine Advantage and Benefit
- Alpine’s Smoke Fire-Tite® doors ensure security and fire protection and are listed and/or classified by:
- Underwriters Laboratories, Inc., (U.L.)
- Underwriter’s Laboratories of Canada, Inc. (U.L.C.)
- Factory Mutual (F.M.) *Flame Drop Baffle Required*
- Rolling service doors as manufactured by Alpine Overhead Doors, Inc. are durable, sturdy and economical to install and maintain.
- Opening preparation, miscellaneous or structural metal work, access doors, finish or field painting, field electrical wiring, wire, conduit, fuses and disconnect switches are in the scope of work of other divisions or trades
3 Hour approved for smoke doors in dividing fire walls with openings not exceeding 120 sq. ft. in area. • 1.5 Hour approved for doors in vertical shaft openings not exceeding 120 sq. ft. in area. • .75 Hour approved for smoke shield doors in corridor or room-partition opening not exceeding 120 sq. ft. in area. • 1.5 Hour approved for doors in exterior wall opening not exceeding 120 sq. ft. in area.
The Alpine Smoke Fire-Tite® smoke rated doors have all the features of the Fire-Tite® with the addition of an “S” rating for smoke leakage. The Smoke Fire-Tite® smoke fire shutter utilizes a vinyl smoke seal on the bottom bar, brush seals on the guides and lintel to stop the movement of smoke through the shutter. This prevents property damage and health risks. If you need a window protected, click here to see our line of fire shutters.
Smoke Fire-Tite® curtains are constructed of galvanized steel in 2 3/4″ flat slats and can be finished with powder coating or baked enamel finishes. Each smoke fire shutter is equipped with a 22 gauge steel hood formed to fit the contour of the end brackets. These smoke sealed doors have durable ductile iron endlocks with 1/4″ semi-solid rivets. Wind locks are also available. Our supports and brackets for smoke doors are all steel plates no less than 1/4″ thick. Alpine’s smoke shield doors torsion counterbalance assembly is state of the art, providing maximum security and ease of use. See suggested operators for smoke rated doors.
2 3/4″ Flat Slat