Quality Rolling Steel Doors
Fire-Storm® IMB - Hurricane Fire Doors
- Insulated Metal Back (IMB) curtain
- Crossbred fire & storm protection
- Built in accordance with the requirements specified by U.L.
- Our hurricane fire shutter is Dade County approved for high wind loads up to 187 mph
Alpine’s Fire-Storm® IMB Doors are widely used where there is a high level of storms, gusty wind conditions and the need for a fire rating and insulation. Ideal for storm shelters, schools, office buildings, emergency call centers, police stations, post offices or anywhere that may be subject to intense storms. These doors protect both people and property from injury due to flying debris.
- Alpine’s Fire-Storm® IMB Doors are fusible-link activated with the option to add release devices for alarm integration
- Constructed of interlocking flat slats 7/8” thick, roll-formed galvanized steel with mineral wool insulation
- Design pressure of +60 psf & -60 psf, 1.5 Safety factor, 90+/- psf
- Doors can be manually hand-crank, hand-chain or motor operated
- Air infiltration – manufactured to meet 2015. IECC®, ASHRAE®90.1 and California’s Title 24, tested independently to meet 0.3 CFM/FT
The Alpine Advantage and Benefit
- Alpine’s Fire-Storm® doors ensure security and fire protection and are listed and/or classified by:
- Underwriters Laboratories, Inc., (U.L.)
- Underwriter’s Laboratories of Canada, Inc. (U.L.C.)
- Factory Mutual (F.M.) *Flame Drop Baffle Required*
- Fire Storm Doors have been UL classified and listed under the UL Category “Products for use in Windstorm-Rated Assemblies – ZHLL”,
- Miami-Dade County Tested for Protocols, PA-201, PA-202 and PA-203.
- Alpine Smoke-Fire Doors have been UL Classified and also listed under the product Category : Rolling-Steel Type Fire Doors – GSNV.
- Ratings : 4 HR, 3 HR, 1-1/2 HR, 1 HR or 3/4 HR.
- Sizes: Classified for openings up to 20’wide X 30’high.
- Manufacture Florida Department Of Community Affairs Fire-Storm® Insulated doors with a design pressure of +60 psf & -60 psf, 1.5 Safety factor, 90+/- psf, by Alpine.
- The opening preparation and the installation of the fire door shall be performed in strict compliance with NFPA-80.
- Opening preparation, miscellaneous or structural metal work, access doors, finish or field painting, field electrical wiring, wire, conduit, fuses and disconnect switches are in the Scope of Work of other divisions or trades.
3 and 4 Hour approved fusible link shutters for doors in dividing fire walls with openings not exceeding 152 sq. ft. in area. • 1.5 Hour approved for shutter doors in vertical shaft openings not exceeding 152 sq. ft. in area. • .75 Hour approved for roll up storm shutters in corridor or room-partition opening not exceeding 152 sq. ft. in area. • 1.5 Hour approved for doors in exterior wall opening not exceeding 152 sq. ft. in area.
The Fire-Storm® hurricane fire shutter is a combination of the features of Alpine’s Redi-Storm®® and Fire-Tite® roller doors models. It is Dade County Approved for high wind loads (up to 187 mph) as well as UL and MEA approved for fire protection. These roll up storm shutters come in galvanized or stainless steel and in a variety of different finishes.
Fire-Storm® curtains for these fusible link shutters are constructed of 2 3/4″ flat steel slats, and can be finished with powder coating or baked enamel finishes. All of these roller doors are equipped with a 22 gauge steel hood formed to fit the contour of the end brackets and durable ductile iron windlock with 1/4″ semi-solid rivets. Our door supports and brackets are all steel plates no less than 1/4″ thick. Alpine’s Torsion Counterbalance Assembly is state of the art, providing maximum security and ease of use. Choose the Alpine operator that best fits your needs.