Super-Imposed - Double Door Frame
One Solid Slat or Insulated Curtain & One Grille Or Vision Curtain
- This double door frame is a unique blend of rolling door and rolling grille to give you a superior versatile roll up gate
- Double door frame is ideal for dual-closures in driveway openings of industrial plants, bus depots, warehouses, and factories
- Loading dock door provides excellent security against theft and vandalism for all seasons. Your view through these security grilles will ensure you see everything
- Loading dock rolling door available in a variety of materials and sizes
Alpine Overhead Doors’ Super-Imposed™ double doors are used for loading docks, warehouse storage facilities, transit maintenance garages, train car repair shops, welding shops, bus garages, manufacturing facilities, military installations or anywhere that requires ventilation while maintaining security and climate control with one system.
- Alpine Super-Imposed™ Doors provide a unique way to have the best of both worlds with only one installation.
- This is a double door which consists of a solid or insulated rolling steel door and a rolling grille door (or Steel-Vision® Door) made-up of dual guides and dual coils, one door superimposed over the other door, mounted and fixed to a common bracket.
- This is especially desirable for dual closures in driveway openings of industrial plants, warehouses and factories.
- The Super-Imposed™ System provides double day and night protection and security.
- Grille or Vision curtain allows fumes to escape the work area during business hours.
- In climate controlled environments the solid curtain helps maintain desired temperature.
- Installing double insulated curtains can provide an approximate STC rating of 32.
- The double curtain/motor combination eliminates the need for additional openings needed to achieve the desired effects described here.
- During the working day, when protection from vandalism is required but light, vision and ventilation is essential, the grille is rolled down while the door remains in its upward position. When the plant is closed the grille door and the steel door are both rolled down for complete security and protection.
The Alpine Advantage and Benefit
- Alpine’s Super-Imposed™ double doors are designed for easy operation and are trouble free with minimal maintenance required.
- After 42 years in business, Alpine doors have been proven reliable for use on thousands of installations in Commercial and Business locations. Alpine’s quality and workmanship is well known throughout the door industry. Our hands-on approach to every job ensures customer satisfaction.
- Made-to-Order manufacturing process. Alpine builds your product to the exact size, specifications and requirements.
- All of our products are constructed to have a rigid and compact design which provides for a more structural grade product while reducing overhead space and obstruction.
- Alpine builds trust by providing our products with a one-year warranty on material and workmanship. As we also offer an optional five-year prorated warranty.
- We are an ISO 9001:2015 registered firm which ensures that our products are built with strict quality control you can count on.
- Alpine rolling steel doors are durable, sturdy and economical to install and maintain.
- Opening preparation, miscellaneous or structural metal work, access doors, finish or field painting, field electrical wiring, wire, conduit, fuses and disconnect switches are in the Scope of Work of other divisions or trades.
Curtain 1: Choose from specs for Mall-Dawn™, Econo-Grille™, Aluma-Vision™, or Steel-Vision™.
Curtain 2: Choose from specs for Serv-Dawn®, Wind-Tite™, Insul-Sound™, or IMB V7.
Finish Options: Consult factory.
For solid or Steel-Vision® curtains ductile cast iron, hot-dipped galvanized endlocks/windlocks are riveted to the ends of the slats with 1/4” rivets. Furnish windlocks based on wind load specifications. For grille curtains continuous end links are to be designed to prevent the curtain from leaving the side guide rails.
Closet to the jamb is manufactured as double angle roll formed,structural or tubular with loop astragal or a sensing edge that extends into the guides. Farthest from the jamb is manufactured as tubular with loop astragal or a sensing edge that extends into the guides.
Alpine’s Grey ExoShield™ powder coated carbon steel plate not less than 1/4” thick with ball bearings at rotating support points. When bolted to the wall mounting angle it supports the dual counterbalance assemblies and forms an end enclosure.
Option: Stop Lock Bearing which prevents the door from free falling in the event of a drive operation failure.
Alpine’s Grey ExoShield™ powder coated Guide system is designed using structural steel angles with a minimum thickness of 3/16” meeting the ASTM A36 Standard that are bolted together with ⅜” fasteners in 1-¼ ” slotted connections bolted at a minimum 24” on center. One inch spacing of the guide channel ensures smooth operation.
Option: Vinyl clip on guide seal for solid flat slatted or insulated curtains
DUAL COUNTERBALANCE ASSEMBLY SYSTEM
To be housed in a steel pipe with a diameter and wall thickness to restrict maximum deflection to 0.03” per foot of door width. Springs are of the helical torsion type which are designed to include an overload factor of 25% for optimum ease of operation. The springs are grease packed and mounted on a cold rolled steel inner shaft. Spring tension is adjustable from the outside of the end bracket plate. Sealed ball bearings prevent wear on the pipe shaft.
DUAL HOOD Hexagon (Option: Square or Round)
Made from 22 gauge galvanized steel and formed to fit the contour of the end brackets. Optional material in stainless steel or aluminum.
Choice of push-up, lift handles on the bottom bar, removable awning type crank, or motor operation.
Alpine Motor Operators
> View Redi-Master® Details
> View Redi-Hoist™ Details
> View Redi-Lift® Details
SAFETY ENTRAPMENT PROTECTION
Option 1: Monitored/non monitored sensing edge with a coil cord or take up reel, or a wireless monitored transmitter and receiver type sensing edge, or a non-monitored pneumatic sensing edge.
Option 2: NEMA 1 (Interior) or NEMA 4X (weather resistant) photo safety sensors mounted to the guides 6” above the finished floor that project an infrared beam across the width of the door. Breaking the beam while the door is in motion will result in the immediate stop of downward travel and reverse the door to reopen to the top limit.
Option 3: Redi-Reverse Light Curtain consists of a 6’0” high light curtain integral to the guides, left and right. If an object passes through the light curtain during the close cycle, the door will reverse to the open cycle and come to rest upon reaching the open limit.
Open/close/stop push button stations, key switches, exit loops, remote transmitters and various other types of interior or exterior mounted controls
> Click for Access Control Details
These are the operator options for Alpine’s Super-Imposed™ security door. Please see our entire line of service door operators. Alpine’s security door operator is UL 325 standard and constructed with the highest quality material and the latest in technical innovation. This ensures that each roll up door motor exceeds the requirements it is meant to achieve. Alpine is sure to have an operator that will meet all your individual specifications.
Contact Alpine to learn more about these motor operators today!
Super Imposed® Loading Dock Rolling Door
Rolling Door and Grille Combination
Below you will be able to download details for Alpine’s Super-Imposed™ double door frame. The details for the loading dock rolling door are available as a PDF. The AutoCAD drawings and AutoCAD details for this security curtain comply with 08360, 08400 & 08330 construction specifications. You’ll find useful information regarding the operation of the door, including both manual and motor operation.
Alpine’s Super-Imposed™ is a security curtain that complies with the 08330 construction spec. This double door frame provides a unique dual-closure solution with one easy installation. It is a double rolling door and rolling grille with dual guides and coils where one is superimposed over the other and then fixed on a common bracket. The Super-Imposed™ closure provides security for all seasons. For integral frame shutters, please select the item from the product index.
To download loading dock rolling door details (PDF), please click below.
> For CAD Drawings, click here
The Super-Imposed™ security curtain AutoCAD drawings and AutoCAD details are for informational purposes. They may change at any time. The CAD detail and CAD drawing reflect the options that are available to the architects and engineers compiling a drawing of a double door frame to present to contractors. The AutoCAD detail and AutoCAD drawing will be updated regularly. For more information on the security grilles and security gates you can call or click here.
Call Alpine today to speak with one of our dedicated employees to discover the loading dock rolling door that is right for you!
Super-Imposed™ Security Door
Quality Rolling Door and Grille Combination
Curved or Flat Slats
Combination Rolling Grille and Rolling Door
NOTE: For Loading Dock Door, Security Door, Security Curtains, Rolling Doors specifications, architects must choose from a variety of options. The standard choice will be shown first in plain text followed by the options shown in [brackets] (Example “Finish: Galvanized [Powder coated] [Baked enamel]”). The specifier must make the appropriate choices for the security curtains and delete the others (Example: “Finish: Powder coated”).
1.01 SUMMARY of Loading Dock Door, Security Door, Security Curtains, Rolling Doors
A. This section includes: [Manual] or [Electric] operated combination Rolling Grille and Service Door with common bracket.
1. Cycle life: Design doors of standard construction for normal use of 10,000 cycles standard [up to 400,000 cycles].
2. Design doors to withstand a windload of _____ psf.
B. Related Sections: Related to this section, but not limited to, the following (based on Master Format 2004):
1. Section 01660 – Product Storage and Handling Requirements.
2. Section 04220 – Concrete Unit Masonry.
3. Section 05120 – Structural Steel.
4. Section 06100 – Rough Carpentry.
5. Section 08310 – Access Doors and Panels.
6. Section 08710 – Door Hardware.
7. Section 09290 – Gypsum Board.
8. Section 09900 – Paints and Coatings.
9. Section 26000 – Electrical.
1.02 REFERENCES for Loading Dock Door, Security Door, Security Curtains, Rolling Doors
A. ASTM A 653/A 653M – Standard Specification for Steel Sheet, Zinc-Coated (Galvanized) or
Zinc-Iron Alloy-Coated (Galvannealed) by the Hot-Dip Process
B. ASTM A 36 – Standard Specification for Carbon Structural Steel, Hot Rolled Steel
C. ASTM A 123 – Standard Specification for Zinc (Hot-Dip Galvanized) Coatings on Iron and Steel Products
D. ASTM A 312 – Standard Specification for Seamless, Welded, and Heavily Cold Worked Austenitic Stainless Steel Pipes
E. ASTM A 240 – Standard Specification for Chromium and Chromium-Nickel Stainless Steel Plate, Sheet, and Strip for Pressure Vessels and for General Applications
F. ASTM A 276 – Standard Specification for Stainless Steel Bars and Shapes
G. ASTM B 209 – Standard Specification for Aluminum and Aluminum-Alloy Sheet and Plate
H. ASTM B 221 – Standard Specification for Aluminum and Aluminum-Alloy Extruded Bars, Rods, Wire, Profiles, and Tubes
A. Submit under provisions of Section 01300.
B. Product Data: Provide manufacturer’s standard details and catalog data for security grilles. Provide installation instructions.
C. Shop Drawings: Furnish shop drawings for architect’s approval. Include elevation, sections, and details indicating dimensions, materials, finishes, conditions for anchorage and support of each door.
D. Submit manufacturer’s recommended operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance instructions.
1.04 QUALITY ASSURANCE of Loading Dock Door, Security Door, Security Curtains, Rolling Doors
A. Manufacturer: Rolling doors shall be manufactured by a firm with a minimum of five years experience.
B. Single-Source Responsibility: Manufacturer shall provide doors, tracks, motors, and accessories for each type of door. Secondary components shall come from a source acceptable to the manufacturer of the primary components for a roll up gate.
1.05 DELIVERY, STORAGE, AND HANDLING
A. Deliver materials in original packaging supplied by manufacturer with intact labels. Store materials away from harmful environmental conditions and construction.
1.06 WARRANTY on Loading Dock Door, Security Door, Security Curtains, Rolling Doors
A. Door Warranty: Provide one year written warranty from date of installation against deficiencies due to defects in materials or workmanship. Installer agrees to repair or replace any defects in materials or workmanship.
B. Project Warranty: Refer to Conditions of the Contract for project warranty provisions.
PART 2 – PRODUCTS
2.01 MANUFACTURER of Loading Dock Door, Security Door, Security Curtains, Rolling Doors
A. Manufacturer: Alpine Overhead Doors, Inc.; 8 Hulse Road Suite 1S, East Setauket, NY 11733. Telephone 800-257-4634 or 631-473-9300. Fax 631-642-0800.
B. Model: SUPER-IMPOSED™ Combination Rolling Grille and Service Door
A. Curtain: (Placing of curtains is interchangeable)
1. Curtain 1: Choose from specs for Mall-Dawn, Econo-Grille, Aluma Vision, or Steel Vision.
2. Curtain 2: Choose from specs for Serv-Dawn, Wind-Tite, Insul Sound, Insul Vapor, or
IMB V7. (Curtain cannot be fire rated)
3. Endlocks and Windlocks (as required):
a) Ductile cast iron, hot-dipped, galvanized endlocks riveted (solid rivets, minimum 1⁄4” thick) to each end of alternate slats to prevent lateral movement and to limit slat deflection and bending stress. [Windlocks are cast iron and dependent on windload]
4. Bottom Bar:
a) Curtain 1: Choose from specs for Mall-Dawn, Econo-Grille, Aluma Vision, or Steel Vision.
b) Curtain 2: Choose from specs for Serv-Dawn, Wind-Tite, Insul Sound, Insul Vapor, or IMB V7
1. Curtain 1: Choose from specs for Mall-Dawn, Econo-Grille, Aluma Vision, or Steel Vision.
2. Curtain 2: Choose from specs for Serv-Dawn, Wind-Tite, Insul Sound, Insul Vapor, or IMB V7
C. Door Support Brackets and Mounting Plates:
1. Steel plate not less than 1/4” thick. Provide ball bearings at rotating support points. Bolt plates to wall mounting angles with minimum 1/2″ fasteners. Plate supports counterbalance assembly and forms end enclosures.
a) Material of Loading Dock Door, Security Door, Security Curtains, Rolling Doors:
i) ASTM A 36 Carbon Steel:
Finish: Gray shop prime coat [ASTM A 123 Galvanized] [Baked enamel paint]
– OR –
ii) ASTM 240 Stainless Steel 300 Series
Finish: [Mill Finish #2B]
b) [Stop Lock bearing]: To prevent door from free falling in the event drive operation fails.
D. Counterbalance Assembly: Torsion (Each curtain is individually counterbalanced)
1. Counterbalance assembly: Steel pipe barrel of a size capable of carrying a curtain load with a maximum deflection of 0.03” per foot of door width. Heat-treated helical torsion springs encased in a steel pipe and designed to include an overload factor of 25% to ensure minimum effort to operate. Sealed and prelubricated high speed ball bearing at rotating support points. Torsion spring charge wheel for applying spring torque and for future adjustments.
i) ASTM A 36 Carbon Structural Steel
Finish: Gray shop prime coat [A 123 Hot-Dip Galvanized]
– OR –
ii) A 312 Stainless Steel 300 Series
Finish: Mill finish
b) Life Cycle: High Cycle springs designed to satisfy 10m through 400m life cycles. Consult engineering if height exceeds width for any cycle above 20m. (Cycle defined as one time opening and closing of door)
E. Hood of Loading Dock Door:
1. 24 gauge steel [.040” aluminum]. Formed to fit the contour of the end brackets with reinforced top and bottom edges. Provide support bracing for doors wider than 20 feet at every 10 feet to prevent excessive sag. Fastened to end brackets.
2. Shape: Hexagon [square] [round]
a) Galvanized Steel as per ASTM A 653/ A 653 M
Finish: [Baked enamel paint] [Powder coated]
– OR –
b) ASTM 240 Stainless Steel 300 Series:
Finish: [Mill finish #2B] [#4 satin finish]
– OR –
Finish: Mill Finish [Clear anodized] [Bronze anodized] [Black anodized]
4. [Fascia]: Galvanized [Stainless Steel] [Aluminum], provided where areas behind door hood are open. Materials and finish same as hood.
F. Locking of Security Door:
1. Slide locks: Provide padlockable slide locks for latching and locking door on coil side bottom bar at each jamb extending into slots in guides. (Electric Interlocks recommended with motorized doors only)
2. [Cylinder Locks]: For tubular bottom bars.
3. Manual chain hoist: Provide padlockable chain keeper on guide.
G. [Weatherstripping]: For curtain 2 only.
1. Bottom Bar: Neoprene astragal.
2. Guides: Snap on vinyl
3. Hood: Neoprene baffle.
4. Lintel baffle.
2.03 OPERATION of Loading Dock Door, Security Door, Security Curtains, Rolling Doors: (Each curtain is operated independently)
A. Opening/Closing: Manual push-up [Manual hand chain] [Manual hand crank] [Motor Operator].
B. [Manual hand chain]:
1. Provide chain hoist operator with endless steel chain, chain pocket wheel and guard, geared reduction unit, and chain keeper secured to guide.
C. [Manual hand crank]:
1. Provide crank hoist operator including crank gear box, steel crank drive shaft and geared reduction unit. Fabricate gear box to completely enclose operating mechanism and be oil-tight.
D. [Motor Operators]:
1. Choose ONE:
a) Medium-Duty, Alpine® Model Redi-HoistTM driven by efficient V-belt primary
drive with chain/sprocket secondary. Maximum 1⁄2 hp. For use on doors up to 10’ x 10’.
– OR –
b) Industrial-Duty, Alpine® Model Redi-LiftTM driven by heavy-duty V-belt with
chain/sprocket secondary reduction. Optional auxiliary chain hoist. Maximum 1 hp. For use on doors up to 12’ x 12’.
– OR –
c) Heavy Industrial-Duty, Alpine® Model Redi-MasterTM driven by heavy-duty worm gear in oil bath reduction. Standard auxiliary chain hoist. Standard 1⁄2 hp (maximum 3 hp)
– OR –
d) Redi-Midget® Gear Reduced Jackshaft Door Operator.
2. [Sensing Edges] (For double angle bottom bar): For motorized doors, sensing edges allow door to go up in case of obstruction. [Pneumatic Edge] [Electric Edge] [Wireless Edge].
a) Colors: Gray [Yellow] [Black] [White] [Yellow with black stripes]
1. Interior face mounted on prepared opening.
2. Interior mounted between jambs and under lintel in a prepared opening.
3. Exterior face mounted on prepared opening.
PART 3 – EXECUTION
3.01 EXAMINATION of Loading Dock Door, Security Door, Security Curtains, Rolling Doors
A. Verify that dimensions are correct and project conditions are in accordance with manufacturer’s installation instructions; do not proceed with installation until unacceptable conditions have been corrected.
A. Install units in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
B. Ensure that units are installed plumb and true, free of warp or twist, and within tolerances specified by manufacturer for smooth operation.
3.03 FIELD TESTING
A. Test doors for regular operation.
3.04 DEMONSTRATION of Loading Dock Door, Security Door, Security Curtains, Rolling Doors
A. Instruct the Owner’s personnel in correct operation and maintenance of units.
3.05 ADJUST AND CLEAN
A. Clean units in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
B. Restore slight blemishes in finishes in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions to match original finish. Remove and provide new units where repairs are not acceptable to the Architect.
Alpine’s Super-Imposed™ loading dock door provides a unique dual-closure solution with one easy installation. It is a loading dock rolling door and rolling grille with dual guides and coils where one is superimposed over the other and then fixed on a common bracket. The Super-Imposed™ closure provides security for all seasons.
Super-Imposed™ double door frame and security door curtains are available in custom curtain combination options. Alpine’s Super-Imposed™ security grille can be push-up, hand-crank, hand-chain or motor operated. All operators for the loading dock door can be adapted to specific conditions. Locking units can be provided depending on the type of loading dock rolling door operation.
Alpine’s Super-Imposed™ security door is a great loading dock door, warehouse door, storage facility door, military door and other applications. This double door frame is especially desirable for dual closures in driveway openings of industrial plants, warehouses, factories and loading dock door. During the working day when protection from vandalism is required but light, vision and ventilation is essential, the double door frame is rolled down while the security door remains in an upward position. When the business, plant or factory is closed for the evening, the loading dock rolling door and the steel door are both rolled down for complete security and protection. We will help you choose the right security grilles and roll up gate to meet your needs.
Alpine’s winning team of employees work diligently with the customers beyond the sale of your security gates and security grilles. We show our customers that their satisfaction with the loading dock door is our top priority. Alpine’s double door frame quality and workmanship with this loading dock rolling door is proven throughout the door industry. Our hands-on approach to every job ensures customer satisfaction.
Call Alpine today to learn more about this double door frame and loading dock door!
IMB-V7 Insulated Slat