Quality Rolling Steel Doors
Auto Fire-Tite® IMB - Automatic Closing Fire Doors
- High quality rolling metal fire doors with insulated metal back
- Optional internal flame baffle prevents infiltration through header
- Approved for roll down stainless steel fire doors
- Oversize UL label up to 56′x30′
- Overhead fire rated doors are built in accordance with the requirements specified by Underwriters Laboratories Inc.
- STC rating of 23
Alpine Auto Fire-Tite® doors are used for warehouses, hospitals, educational facilities, office buildings, multi-tenant residential buildings, manufacturing facilities, airports, hotels, theaters, train stations, police stations, correctional facilities, and retail applications among many others.
- These insulated rolling fire doors provide access control and security protection under normal use and will close automatically in the event of a fire serving as fire stopping to contain the spread of a fire
- Eliminates all mechanical fire gears on the brackets and the need to reset spring tension
- 3 hr Rating – 3 hour approved for doors in dividing fire walls
- 1-1/2 hr Rating – 1.5 hour approved for doors, in vertical shaft openings
- 3/4 hr Rating – 0.75 hour approved for doors in a corridor or a room-partition
- 4 Hour Rated (Optional) – Consult factory for more information
- Fire rated doors over 152 square feet will receive a Classified UL label marked “OVERSIZE ROLLING STEEL FIRE DOOR” that includes the hourly rating as well as the certification number
- STC rating of 23
The Alpine Advantage and Benefit
- Alpine’s Auto Fire-Tite® doors ensure security and fire protection and are listed and/or classified by:
- Underwriters Laboratories, Inc., (U.L.).
- Underwriter’s Laboratories of Canada, Inc. (U.L.C.).
- Factory Mutual (F.M.) *Flame Drop Baffle Required*.
- The opening preparation and the installation of the fire door shall be per-formed in strict compliance with NFPA-80.
- Opening preparation, miscellaneous or structural metal work, access doors, finish or field painting, field electrical wiring, wire, conduit, fuses and disconnect switches are in the Scope of Work of other divisions or trades
3 or 4 Hour approved for an auto-set coiling fire door in dividing fire walls with openings not exceeding 152 sq. ft. in area. • 1.5 Hour approved for industrial fire doors in vertical shaft openings not exceeding 152 sq. ft. in area. • .75 Hour approved for doors in corridor or room-partition opening not exceeding 152 sq. ft. in area. • 1.5 Hour approved for roll down doors in exterior wall opening not exceeding 152 sq. ft. in area.
The Auto Fire-Tite® IMB steel coiling fire door has the same features as the Fire-Tite® IMB with controlled automatic closing by one of Alpine’s Redi-Reset motor, hand chain or crank options. The Auto Fire-Tite® IMB insulated fire rated shutters can be connected to smoke detectors and fire alarms as well as any building alarms. The Redi-Reset operator eliminates the complication of a manual reset after drop testing or activation. The Auto Fire-Tite® IMB fire rated frame is also labeled for up to 4 hours of fire protection by UL and NYC MEA.
Auto Fire-Tite® IMB curtains come with Redi-Reset and are constructed of galvanized steel and can be finished with powder coating or baked enamel finishes. The metal on metal insulated slats have a 7/8″ fiberglass core which bonds the metal skin and strengthens the slat. Each door is equipped with a 22 gauge steel hood formed to fit the contour of the end brackets. This coiling fire door has durable ductile iron endlocks with 1/4″ semi-solid rivets. Our steel fire door and fire rated frame supports and brackets are all steel plates no less than 1/4″ thick. Alpine’s Torsion Counterbalance Assembly for these fire rated shutters is state of the art, providing maximum security and ease of use.