Quality Rolling Steel Doors
Auto Fire-Tite® - Automatic Closing Fire Doors
- Advanced roll up fire door with Redi-Reset operating devices
- Optional internal flame baffle prevents infiltration through header
- Approved for stainless steel fire doors
- Oversize UL label up to 56′ x 30′
- This fire rated door is built in accordance with the requirements specified by Underwriters Laboratories Inc.
Alpine Auto Fire-Tite® doors are used for warehouses, hospitals, educational facilities, office buildings, multi -tenant residential buildings, manufacturing facilities, airports, hotels, theaters, train stations, police stations, correctional facilities, and retail applications among many others.
- These doors provide access control and security protection under normal use and will close automatically in the event of a fire serving as fire stopping to contain the spread of a fire
- Eliminates all mechanical fire gears on the brackets and the need to reset spring tension
- 3 hr Rating – 3 hour approved for doors in dividing fire walls
- 1-1/2 hr Rating – 1.5 hour approved for doors, in vertical shaft openings
- 3/4 hr Rating – 0.75 hour approved for doors in a corridor or a room-partition
- 4 Hour Rated (Optional) – Consult factory for more information
- Fire rated doors over 152 square feet will receive a Classified UL label marked “OVERSIZE ROLLING STEEL FIRE DOOR” that includes the hourly rating as well as the certification number
Doors are constructed to conform within requirements specified by Underwriter’s Laboratories. Inc. (U.L.). Doors are automatic and
self-closing through an isolating governing release system, Rated 4, 3, 1-1/2, 3/4 or oversized certificate.
The Alpine Advantage and Benefit
- Alpine’s Auto Fire-Tite® doors ensure security and fire protection and are listed and/or classified by:
- Underwriters Laboratories, Inc., (U.L.).
- Underwriter’s Laboratories of Canada, Inc. (U.L.C.).
- Factory Mutual (F.M.) *Flame Drop Baffle Required*.
- The opening preparation and the installation of the fire door shall be per-formed in strict compliance with NFPA-80.
- Opening preparation, miscellaneous or structural metal work, access doors, finish or field painting, field electrical wiring, wire, conduit, fuses and disconnect switches are in the Scope of Work of other divisions or trades
Fire-Tite® fire rated shutter is also available as an interior industrial insulated doors. Alpine’s UL labeled oversized fire doors range from 120 sq.ft. to 783 sq.ft.
Available Classifications: 4 HR, 3 HR, 1 1/2 HR, 1 HR and 3/4 HR Underwriters’ Laboratory (UL) labels
3 Hour approved fire rated (optional 4 Hour) for fire doors and roll up fire shutters in dividing fire walls with openings not exceeding 152 sq. ft. in area. • 1.5 Hour approved for metal fire doors in vertical shaft openings not exceeding 152 sq. ft. in area. • .75 Hour approved for rolling fire safe doors and interior or exterior fire shutters in corridor or room-partition opening not exceeding 152 sq. ft. in area. • 1.5 Hour approved for doors in exterior wall opening not exceeding 152 sq. ft. in area for fire doors.
Alpine’s overhead fire rated doors are tested and approved for the protection of openings in fire walls, vertical shafts and exterior walls up to 152 sq.ft. with a maximum width or height of up to 13’6”. For openings that exceed these limitations, an oversize label is available for roll down fire rated shutter sizes up to 56′ in width and 30′ in height.
Fire-Tite® curtains are constructed of galvanized steel in 2 3/4″ flat, 3″ curved, and 4″ curved slats and can be finished with powder coating or baked enamel finishes. Each fire door, exterior fire rated shutter is equipped with a 22 gauge steel hood formed to fit the contour of the end brackets. Durable ductile iron with 1/4″ semi-solid rivets, hot dipped end locks and wind locks are available. Our rolling overhead fire door supports and brackets are all steel plates no less than 1/4″ thick. Alpine’s torsion counterbalance assembly is state of the art, providing maximum security and ease of use.
2 3/4″ Flat, 3″ or 4″ Curved Slat