Quality Rolling Steel Doors
Auto Fire-Shut® - Metal Fire Shutters
- Fire rated counter shutter; U.L. classified to 3 hours of protection.
- Coiling Fire shutters are ideal for all pass-through openings such as service counters, concession stands and cafeteria counters.
- Fire shutter coils upward, requiring little side or head room.
- Built in accordance with the requirements specified by Underwriters Laboratories Inc.
Alpine Overhead Doors’ Auto Fire-Shut® Doors are ideal for use in school cafeterias, office windows, healthcare facilities, hospitals and airport concession displays where fire protection is needed.
- These doors provide access control and security protection under normal use and will close automatically in the event of a fire, serving as a fire wall to contain spread of a fire.
- Activates upon melting of 165º fusible link.
- The lowest upfront cost available.
- Alpine’s Counter Fire Door products have been UL classified and listed under the UL Product Category: “Fire Shut Integral Frame Counter-Shutter Fire Door – GSVV”.
- Ratings: 1-1/2 HR, 3/4 HR.
- Sizes: Face Mounted – 5’ Wide x 5’ High, Up to 51 sq ft.
Between Jambs – 10’ 10” Wide x 6’ 4” High, Up to 86 sq ft.
- Alpines Fire-Shut® door products also carry a 3 HR, 1-1/2 HR or 3/4 HR fire rating under UL File GSNV.
- Sizes: Classified for openings up to 13’6” wide x 12’ high
The Alpine Advantage and Benefit
- Alpine’s Fire-Shutters ensure security and fire protection and are listed and/or classified by:
- Underwriter’s Laboratories, Inc., (U.L.)
- Underwriter’s Laboratories of Canada, Inc. (U.L.C.)
- Factory Mutual (F.M.) *Flame Drop Baffle Required*
- The opening preparation and the installation of the fire door shall be performed in strict compliance with NFPA-80.
- Rolling service doors as manufactured by Alpine Overhead Doors, Inc.
- Opening preparation, miscellaneous or structural metal work, access doors, finish or field painting, field electrical wiring, wire, conduit, fuses and disconnect switches are in the Scope of Work of other divisions or trades.
3 Hour approved for fire doors in dividing fire walls with openings not exceeding 51 sq. ft. in area. • 1.5 Hour approved for doors in vertical shaft openings not exceeding 51 sq. ft. in area. • .75 Hour approved for doors in corridor or room-partition opening not exceeding 51 sq. ft. in area. • 1.5 Hour approved for doors in exterior wall opening not exceeding 51 sq. ft. in area. Mounting shutter between jambs size not exceeding 86 sq.ft.
The Auto Fire-Shut® metal shutters and roller shutters have the same features as the Fire-Shut® with controlled automatic closing by one of Alpine’s Redi-Reset® motors, hand chain or hand crank options. The Auto Fire-Shut® automatic door can be connected to smoke detectors and fire alarms as well as any building alarms. The Redi-Reset® operators eliminate the complication of a manual reset of the door after drop testing or activation. The Auto Fire-Shut® fire door is also labeled as a 3 hour fire shutter by UL and NYC MEA.
Alpine Auto Fire-Shut® automatic door curtains are available in either 1 1/4″ flat or 2″ curved interlocking slats. Metal shutters can be manually or motor operated. Operators for the roller shutters can be adapted to specific conditions. Locking counter fire doors can be provided depending on the type of shutter operation.
1 1/4″ Flat or 2″ Curved Slat