Alpine Overhead Doors’ Wood Counter Shutters and wood doors are ideal for office windows, school cafeterias, healthcare facilities, hospitals and airport concession displays.
- These wooden rolling doors are highly durable and are designed to withstand heavy commercial use.
- Crank or electric operation.
- Additional wood species: douglas fir, white oak, birch and exotic.
- Hood in wood to match slats or aluminum.
- Aluminum guides, cylinder locks.
- Little to no maintenance required.
The Alpine Advantage and Benefit
- Alpine’s Wooden Counter Shutters are designed for easy operation and are trouble free with minimal maintenance required.
- After 42 years in business, Alpine doors have been proven reliable for use on thousands of installations in Commercial and Business locations. Alpine’s quality and workmanship is well known throughout the door industry. Our hands-on approach to every job ensures customer satisfaction.
- Made-to-Order manufacturing process. Alpine builds your product to the exact size, specifications and requirements.
- All of our products are constructed to have a rigid and compact design which provides for a more structural grade product while reducing overhead space and obstruction.
- Alpine builds trust by providing our products with a one-year warranty on material and workmanship. As we also offer an optional five-year prorated warranty.
- We are an ISO 9001:2015 registered firm which ensures that our products are built with strict quality control you can count on.
- Rolling Wooden Counter Shutters as manufactured by Alpine Overhead Doors, Inc. are durable, sturdy and economical to install and maintain and add beauty to your home, office or business.
- Opening preparation, miscellaneous or structural metal work, access doors, finish or field painting, field electrical wiring, wire, conduit, fuses and disconnect switches are in the scope of work of other divisions or trades.
The slats are 1-3/4” high by 1/2” thick and are held together by cables that run through vertical holes drilled in each slat at 22” intervals. Slats are also available in 1-3/4” high by 3/4” thick.
Standard wood used is Red Oak
Finish Options: Birch, White Oak, Mahogany, Pine, Cherry and other selected hardwoods.
Bottom bar of the door is constructed of solid wood 5-5/8” high by 1-5/8” thick.
Bracket plates are fabricated of 1/8” or 3/16” thick steel.
Plastic coated aviation, 3/32” diameter cable with a tensile strength of 480 pounds. The cable is anchored to the bottom bar with a compression spring that applies tension to the cable. The other end of the cable is securely fastened to the top slat of the curtain.
Wood guides are 1-1/2” by 4” for between jamb mounting and 2-13/16” by 3” for face of wall mounting. Aluminum extruded guides are 1/8” thick, 1-1/4” by 1-1/2”for between jamb and 2” by 3” for face of wall mounting applications.
Counter balance spring is housed in either a 2” or 4” diameter pipe. Springs are helical torsion and are designed to withstand a 25% overload.
A coil enclosure (Hood) is available in wood matching the curtain and guides. It is constructed of 3/4” veneer plywood. Hoods are also available in sheet metal (steel or aluminum).
Deadbolt lock installed at both jambs. Cylinder locks are also available.
Available in push-up, hand chain, or motor operation.
Alpine Motor Operators
Alpine’s Redi-Master is a heavy industrial-duty, gear reduce hoist operator. Its features include a reduction unit comprised of a heavy-duty worme in an oil bath unit. The standard horsepower of the Redi-Master steel door operator is 1/2 and has a maximum horsepower. The Redi-Master includes a hand chain, a maintenance alert system, and a maximum run timer that automatically stops the door if it moves longer than its preset cycle time.> View Redi-Master Details
Alpine’s Redi-Hoist is a medium-duty, belt drive hoist operator with an auxiliary chain hoist. It has a maximum 1/2 horsepower and it is available for use on doors up to 10′ by 10′. The RediHoist electric gate operator comes with an emergency floor disconnect for manual operation by hand chain.> View Redi-Hoist Details
Alpine’s Redi-Lift is an industrial-duty, V-belt hoist operator that is available for doors up to 12′ by 12′. The Redi-Lift includes a hand chain, a maintenance alert system, and a maximum run timer that automatically stops the door if it moves longer than its preset cycle time. This electric gate operator is available up to 1 horsepower.> View Redi-Lift Details
Alpine’s Redi-Tube is a tubular metal door motor with a built-in Handcrank overdrive. Like the Redi-Shut™, it is designed for use on small rolling grilles and counter shutters where a manual chain hoist is not required. It has the option for an auxiliary chain hoist and has a limit switch capacity for up to 40 revolutions. The Redi-Tube is available for use on doors measuring up to 10′ by 8′.> View Redi-Tube Details
Optional control stations are available as Push Button Control Station or Key Control Stations. Special Control Stations are also available, please consult factory.
These are the operator options for Alpine’s Mall-Dawn® security door. Please see our entire line of service door operators. Alpine’s security door operator is UL 325 standard and constructed with the highest quality material and the latest in technical innovation. This ensures that each roll up door motor exceeds the requirements it is meant to achieve. Alpine is sure to have an operator that will meet all your individual specifications.
Contact Alpine to learn more about these motor operators today!
To download PDF drawings please select from links below.
> For CAD files, please click here
The AutoCAD drawings and AutoCAD details for the wood rolling shutters comply with 08000 & 08330 construction specifications.
Wood Overhead doors AutoCAD drawing and AutoCAD details are for informational purposes. They may change at any time. The CAD detail and CAD drawing reflect the options that are available to the architects and engineers compiling a drawing of wood roll up doors to present to contractors. The AutoCAD detail and AutoCAD drawing will be updated regularly. Alpine’s wood rolling shutters are unmatched in the industry!
Call Alpine today to speak with one of our dedicated employees to discover the wooden rolling shutters that are right for you!
Alpine® Wooden Counter Shutters and Window Shutters
Quality Wood Doors With A Traditional Design
Model Wood doors, window Shutters
Wood Flat Slats
Wood Roll Down Doors
> Download 3 Part Specifications (PDF)
> Download 3 Part Specifications (DOC)
NOTE: For window shutter specifications, architects must choose from a variety of options for these types of wood doors. The standard choice will be shown first in plain text followed by the options shown in [brackets] (Example “Finish: Wood [Cherry] [Oak]”). The specifier must make the appropriate choices for their wood window specifications and delete the others (Example: “Finish: Wood Cherry”).
1.01 SUMMARY for Wood Doors, Window Shutter, Wood Window Specifications, Wood Roll Down Doors
A. This section includes: [Manual] or [Electric] operated Rolling Wooden Counter-Shutter.
1. These rolling doors are suitable for widths of up to 15’ 9” and up to 10’ 0” heights. Manual operation is acceptable up to 42 square feet. Wood Doors exceeding those dimensions should have a Hand Crank or Motor Operator.
B. Related Sections: Related to this section, but not limited to, the following (based on Master Format 2004):
1. Section 01660 – Product Storage and Handling Requirements.
2. Section 04220 – Concrete Unit Masonry.
3. Section 05120 – Structural Steel.
4. Section 06100 – Rough Carpentry.
5. Section 08310 – Access wood Doors and Panels.
6. Section 08710 – Rolling Door Hardware.
7. Section 09290 – Gypsum Board.
8. Section 09900 – Paints and Coatings.
9. Section 26000 – Electrical.
1.02 REFERENCES for Wood Doors, Window Shutter, Wood Window Specifications, Wood Roll Down Doors
A. ASTM A 653/A 653M – Standard Specification for Steel Sheet, Zinc-Coated (Galvanized) or Zinc-Iron Alloy-Coated (Galvannealed) by the Hot-Dip Process
B. ASTM A 36 – Standard Specification for Carbon Structural Steel, Hot Rolled Steel
C. ASTM A 123 – Standard Specification for Zinc (Hot-Dip Galvanized) Coatings on Iron and Steel Products
D. ASTM A 312 – Standard Specification for Seamless, Welded, and Heavily Cold Worked Austenitic Stainless Steel Pipes
E. ASTM A 240 – Standard Specification for Chromium and Chromium-Nickel Stainless Steel Plate, Sheet, and Strip for Pressure Vessels and for General Applications
F. ASTM A 276 – Standard Specification for Stainless Steel Bars and Shapesof wood doors
G. ASTM B 209 – Standard Specification for Aluminum and Aluminum-Alloy Sheet and Plate
H. ASTM B 221 – Standard Specification for Aluminum and Aluminum-Alloy Extruded Bars, Rods, Wire, Profiles, and Tubes of rolling doors
1.03 SUBMITTALS for Wood Doors, Window Shutter, Wood Window Specifications, Wood Roll Down Doors
A. Submit under provisions of Section 01300.
B. Product Data: Provide standard drawing details and catalog data of wood doors. Provide installation instructions.
C. Shop Drawings: Furnish shop drawings for architect’s approval. Include elevation, sections, and details indicating dimensions, materials, finishes, conditions for anchorage and support of each rolling door.
D. Submit manufacturer’s recommended operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance instructions of wood doors.
1.04 QUALITY ASSURANCE FOR THE WINDOW SHUTTER
A. Manufacturer: Rolling doors shall be manufactured by a firm with a minimum of five years experience.
B. Single-Source Responsibility: Manufacturer shall provide doors, tracks, motors, and accessories for each type of door. Secondary components shall come from a source acceptable to the rolling door manufacturer of the primary components.
1.05 DELIVERY, STORAGE, AND HANDLING OF WOOD ROLL DOWN DOORS
A. Deliver materials in original packaging supplied by manufacturer with intact labels. Store materials away from harmful environmental conditions and construction.
1.06 WARRANTY of Wood Doors, Window Shutter, Wood Window Specifications, Wood Roll Down Doors
A. Door Warranty: Provide two year written warranty from date of installation against deficiencies due to defects in materials or workmanship of wood doors. Installer agrees to repair or replace any defects in materials or workmanship.
B. Project Warranty: Refer to Conditions of the Contract for project warranty provisions.
PART 2 – PRODUCTS
A. Alpine Overhead Doors, Inc.; 8 Hulse Road Suite 1S, East Setauket, NY 11733. Telephone 800-257-4634 or 631-473-9300. Fax 631-642-0800.
B. Model: WOODEN COUNTER-SHUT Roll down doors
2.02 MATERIALS FOR WOOD WINDOW SPECIFICATIONS
A. Curtain for Wood Doors:
1. Slats: Constructed of interlocking, 1-3/4” x ½” thick wooden slats. They are held together by cables that run through vertical holes drilled in each slat at 22” intervals. Slats are also available in [1-3/4” x ¾” thick].
2. Bottom Bar: Bottom Bar of curtain assembly is constructed of solid wood 5-5/8” x 1-5/8” thick with a deadbolt lock installed at both jambs. [Cylinder locks] are also available.
3. Cable: Plastic coated aviation cable. Diameter is 3/32” with a tensile strength of 480 pounds. The cable is anchored to the bottom bar with a compression spring that applies tension to the cable. The other end of the cable is securely fastened to the top slat of the curtain on the wood doors.
B. Guides for Window Shutter:
1. Guides: Constructed of wood. Materials are 1-1/2” x 4” for between jamb mounting. Materials are 2-13/16” x 3” for face of wall mounting. Guides are also available in [Aluminum: Extruded 1/8” material thickness and measure 1-1/4” x 1-1/2” for between jamb and 2” x 3” thick for mounting to face of wall].
C. Door Support Brackets and Mounting Plates for Wood Doors, Window Shutter, Wood Window Specifications, Wood Roll Down Doors:
1. Bracket plates: Material fabricated from 1/8” or [3/16”] thick steel.
D. Counterbalance Assembly: Torsion
1. Counterbalance assembly: Spring is housed in either a 2” or [4”] diameter pipe. Springs are helical torsion and are designed to withstand a 25% overload.
E. Hood of Wood Roll Down Doors:
1. Hood: A coil enclosure (hood) is available in wood matching the curtains and guides. The rolling door is constructed out of ¾” veneer plywood. Hoods are also available in sheet metal [steel] [aluminum].
2. Shape: Square
F. Locking of Wood Roll Down Shutter:
1. Thub turn locks: Placed on [right] [left] [both] sides. Located at [coil side] or [opposite coil side].
2. Key Cylinders: Placed on [right] [left] [both] sides. Located at [coil side] or [opposite coil side].
3. Best Core Key Cylinders: Placed on [right] [left] [both] sides. Located at [coil side] or [opposite coil side].
2.03 OPERATION OF WOOD DOORS:
A. Opening/Closing: Manual push-up [Manual hand crank] [Motor Operator].
B. [Manual hand crank]:
1. Provide crank hoist operator including crank gear box, steel crank drive shaft and geared reduction unit. Fabricate gear box to completely enclose operating mechanism and be oil-tight.
C. [Motor Operators]:
1. Choose ONE:
a) Tubular Motor.
– OR –
b) Gear Motor Operator.
2. [Sensing Edges] : For motorized doors, sensing edges allow door to go up in case of obstruction. [Pneumatic Edge] [Electric Edge] [Wireless Edge].
a) Colors: Gray [Yellow] [Black] [White] [Yellow with black stripes]
2.04 Mounting of Wood Doors, Window Shutter, Wood Window Specifications, Wood Roll Down Doors:
1. Interior face mounted on prepared opening.
2. Interior mounted between jambs and under lintel in a prepared opening.
3. Exterior face mounted on prepared opening.
PART 3 – EXECUTION
3.01 EXAMINATION OF WOOD WINDOW SPECIFICATIONS
A. Verify that dimensions are correct and project conditions are in accordance with manufacturer’s installation instructions; do not proceed with installation until unacceptable conditions have been corrected.
3.02 INSTALLATION OF Wood Doors, Window Shutter, Wood Window Specifications, Wood Roll Down Doors
A. Install units in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
B. Ensure that units are installed plumb and true, free of warp or twist, and within tolerances specified by manufacturer for smooth operation.
C. Preparation for opening and installation of fire door to be in strict compliance with NPFA-80.
3.03 FIELD TESTING of Wood Doors, Window Shutter, Wood Window Specifications, Wood Roll Down Doors
A. Test rolling doors for regular operation.
3.04 DEMONSTRATION OF WOOD DOORS
A. Instruct the Owner’s personnel in correct operation and maintenance of units.
3.05 ADJUST AND CLEAN all Wood Doors, Window Shutter, Wood Window Specifications, Wood Roll Down Doors
A. Clean units in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
B. Restore slight blemishes in finishes in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions to match original finish. Remove and provide new units where repairs are not acceptable to the Architect.